This project intends to show how historical warrior women can be represented on the miniature battlefield. It will present historical examples, discuss the availability of figures and describe scenarios.
For a general overview, see this blog post.
The Raft has recently released a set of miniatures, see here for those.
Articles published so far:
- Nujeymah’s Archers
- Female Gladiators
- A Welsh Warrior Woman
- Artemisia, a Greek Admiral
- Viking Warrior Women
- The Women of Waterloo
- Reenactress: A Documentary
- Women Combatants in the Haitian Revolution
- Harriet Tubman, Conductor on the Underground Railroad
- Germanic Warrior Women
- Susan Travers of the French Foreign Legion
- The Cavalry Maiden